What you should know:
- There are salads and then there are salads! Many people get used to thinking of a salad as simply some lettuce, tomato and cucumber when in fact there’s hundreds of ingredients that can go into a salad, making for countless fantastic permutations.
- Salads can be as exciting or as simple as you please.
- The quickest way to transform a salad so that anyone will eat it is with a great dressing.
Why salads are good for you:
- Salads are a vital part of a raw food diet – they provide a wide variety of vitamins and minerals as well as important fibre and chlorophyll.
- Salads help you stay balanced as they usually revolve around greens and other low sugar vegetables.
- Salads make it easier for you to incorporate other foods into your diet that you may not eat alone.
- Salads help carry more dense foods such as nuts, seeds, cheese and meat through your body more easily.
What you’ll need: A good knife is all that’s required but a grater makes things more interesting.
How to make a great salad:
First of all decide how big you want your salad to be and choose a plate or bowl large enough to accommodate it (pasta bowls are good) then select from the following: