Although simple, this is a really special dish
and it can serve many purposes for you, as a great breakfast dish or a light
tea and having the macadamia topping will help you to
make the transition back from heavier foods to the lighter more cleansing ones.
For the fruit salad
A selection of your favourite fruits chopped up into bite-sized pieces and put
into a bowl, or organised beautifully on a plate.
For the cream
One handful of raw macadamia nuts
Juice of half an orange (or a whole one depending on juiciness)
2-4 large Medjool dates (or 4-8 smaller soaked ones)
Small piece of vanilla bean (optional)
- Prepare your fruit salad using a wide range of fresh juicy fruits of your choice. A good starter mixture might be: Banana, orange, apple, strawberries, nectarines and blueberries.
- Next, make your topping by blending all ingredients together until a thick creamy mixture is created.
- Taste test before using. Add more of whatever you need according to your tastes. You might want to add a pinch of healthy salt just to bring out the flavours a little more.
- Serve your fruit salad and top with a good healthy dose of the macadamia cream. I promise you’ll love me forever for this!
Raw Coach Top Tips:
- The Macadamia Cream recipe will keep for about 2- 3 days in the fridge.
- Great for topping some breakfasts for something a bit more sustaining; or why not throw a tablespoon or two in your fruit smoothie?
© 2013 Karen Knowler WOULD YOU LIKE TO USE THIS RECIPE IN YOUR EZINE OR ON YOUR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: Karen Knowler, The Raw Food Coach publishes "Successfully Raw" - a free weekly eZine for raw food lovers everywhere. If you're ready to look good, feel great and create a raw life you love get your FREE tips, tools and recipes now at www.TheRawFoodCoach.com.