Raw cabbage? Not necessarily
my idea of fun - or at least it wasn't until I tried this recipe! Cabbage
doesn't always "feel" right in summer, but at this time of year when
lettuce loses some appeal, this is the perfect replacement.
I invite you to suspend disbelief long enough to make this and eat it... you'll be very glad you did!
For the wraps:
White cabbage leaves
Black pitted olives
For the dip:
Lime juice (optional)
To make the wraps:
- Open the cabbage leaf and make a thick column of avocado slices down the middle, leaving a fair amount of space either side.
- Pile on slices of fresh tomato, pieces of black pitted olives and top with a generous amount of fresh coriander.
To make the dip:
- Pour a small amount (about 3 tablespoons) of olive oil into a small bowl.
- Add the juice of half a lemon, and, if you have one, the juice of a lime.
- Add about 20 stalks of finely chopped fresh coriander, a small piece of ginger finely chopped, and half a bulb of garlic, finely chopped.
- Add water to make the mixture less oily, but obviously do not water it down too much, or the taste will be spoiled.
- Serve the dip in a tiny dipping bowl and your cabbage wraps laid open or secured with a cocktail stick. Prepare for true winter decadence. :-)
Raw Coach Top Tips:
- Don't like avocado or don't want to use it? Nothing to stop you using a raw pate or cheese in your wraps!
© 2012 Karen Knowler WOULD YOU LIKE TO USE THIS RECIPE IN YOUR EZINE OR ON YOUR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: Karen Knowler, The Raw Food Coach publishes "Successfully Raw" - a free weekly eZine for raw food lovers everywhere. If you're ready to look good, feel great and create a raw life you love get your FREE tips, tools and recipes now at www.TheRawFoodCoach.com.