When you really want a slightly heavier dish; something that will feel "substantial" and that will keep for more than 24 hours in the fridge. And something that can change into something else quickly and easily can only be a bonus too? If this is what you're looking for, then this recipe will definitely fit the bill.
SERVES: Makes 2 decent loaves or many burgers (depends on size and depth of your burger)
Food Processor, Dehydrator
2 cups almonds or walnuts or pecans or any combination
of these three (pre-soaked nuts gives a more fluffy end result)
2-3 large carrots
1/2 large onion or more to taste
1 large handful of fresh parsley
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt OR Himalayan Crystal Salt with 1 Tablespoon water if necessary
- Put all of the ingredients in a food processor and process until you have a very well blended mixture.
- Taste test. Need more parsley or salt? Or perhaps you want to make a curry flavoured nut loaf or burgers, or maybe some other themed recipe? Now is the time to add your extra seasonings to taste.
- Shape into a loaf, either by hand, using a mould or a tin and/or shape into burger shapes - it all depends on your personal preference. I make one loaf and lots of burgers from this mixture.
- Serve fresh, as is, or partially dehydrate for a completely different flavour and texture. I like dehydrating the burgers for a couple of hours to get a nice semi-crunchy outside to them (leaves them nice and mushy on the inside!)
- Serve topped with a fresh sprig of parsley and a few remaining nuts for decoration.
Raw Coach Top Tips:
- Once you have made this recipe once and see how crazily easy and tasty it is, experiment with your other flavours.
- These will keep for about 2-3 days in the fridge.
© 2012 Karen Knowler WOULD YOU LIKE TO USE THIS RECIPE IN YOUR EZINE OR ON YOUR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: Karen Knowler, The Raw Food Coach publishes "Successfully Raw" - a free weekly eZine for raw food lovers everywhere. If you're ready to look good, feel great and create a raw life you love get your FREE tips, tools and recipes now at www.TheRawFoodCoach.com.