Maca is an amazing plant food that
EVERYONE should know about - especially if you or your loved ones have any kind
of hormonal issues (PMT, menopause, low sperm count, low libido etc.). It works
equally well with both genders and I have heard of some truly amazing
turnarounds! If you've never heard of it before or need to refresh your memory,
you can check it out in more detail here.
Maca has such a strong taste it's not always to everyone's liking (very malty tasting), but if you've tried it before and have given up on it or after reading this week's recipe are now keen to try it, then here's a recipe that will make it much more enjoyable - even I like it!!
SERVES: (Makes one large glass)
1 cup almonds
3 cups water
1 level Tablespoon of maca powder
2 Medjool dates OR 2 Tablespoons light agave nectar
- Place almonds and water in a blender and blend on high speed until nuts are completely broken and almond milk is created.
- Strain the almond milk through a fine sieve or nut milk bag into a bowl or jug. Save pulp for a dessert recipe, for dehydrating into almond flour, or compost.
- Rinse blender and add back in the strained nut milk.
- Add the maca powder and your chosen sweetener and blend.
- Taste test for sweetness and add more maca or dates or agave if required.
- When you have your perfect blend, write it down, pour it out, sip slowly ~ and prepare to feel the "maca magic"!
Raw Coach Top Tips:
- This is a drink that's a great post breakfast drink or snack or one for late evening when it's too late to eat.
© 2012 Karen Knowler WOULD YOU LIKE TO USE THIS RECIPE IN YOUR EZINE OR ON YOUR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: Karen Knowler, The Raw Food Coach publishes "Successfully Raw" - a free weekly eZine for raw food lovers everywhere. If you're ready to look good, feel great and create a raw life you love get your FREE tips, tools and recipes now at www.TheRawFoodCoach.com.