Finding delicious recipes that include sea vegetables can sometimes be tricky. Dulse seems to be one of the few sea vegetables that most people like and is extremely high in much needed minerals. This salad is one of those where you can feel the goodness pumping through your veins. I LOVE this recipe!
Sharp knife or Mandoline, Blender
3/4 head of lettuce (any type, though you'll need 2-3 heads if using Little Gem lettuce)
1 ripe avocado
2-3 large tomatoes
Large chunk of cucumber
Handful of pre-soaked dulse seaweed (soak for about 15 minutes)
DRESSING: 1 Tablespoon raw almond butter, the juice of ¼ lemon, ¼ cup water. Handful of fresh coriander (cilantro)
- Finely shred the lettuce into thin strips using a sharp knife or mandoline and place in a large bowl.
- Dice the avocado, tomatoes and cucumber into medium sized pieces (approximately 1½ cm square) and add to bowl.
- Tear the dulse into small pieces and add to the bowl.
- Make the dressing by blending the above ingredients and pouring over the ingredients inside the bowl. Mix everything together thoroughly.
- Serve and enjoy!
Raw Coach Top Tips:
- If you don't like dulse in strips, try dulse flakes or "Atlantic Sea Salad" a sea veg mixture.
© 2012 Karen Knowler WOULD YOU LIKE TO USE THIS RECIPE IN YOUR EZINE OR ON YOUR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: Karen Knowler, The Raw Food Coach publishes "Successfully Raw" - a free weekly eZine for raw food lovers everywhere. If you're ready to look good, feel great and create a raw life you love get your FREE tips, tools and recipes now at www.TheRawFoodCoach.com.