If you feel in need of a little treat then what could be better than these super-simple cookies that will put a smile on your face and evoke a song from your soul?
Makes 10 cookies, approx. 7cm diameter, 1cm deep
Food Processor or Vita-Mix Blender, Dehydrator
200g fresh coconut, sliced or grated (use coconut chips if you can’t get fresh coconut)
125g raisins OR finely chopped dates
- Process almonds into a fine powder, either in a good food processor, nut mill or dry jug of a Vita-Mix blender.
- Pour into a food processor and add the bananas, coconut and raisins/dates to create a smooth mixture.
- Make circles of the mixture on a dehydrator sheet to your preferred size.
- Dehydrate until dry and chewy (about 18 hours).
Raw Coach Top Tips:
- Try different nuts, such as macadamias for a creamier, richer taste – but allow longer to dehydrate as they are much more oily.
© 2012 Karen Knowler WOULD YOU LIKE TO USE THIS RECIPE IN YOUR EZINE OR ON YOUR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: Karen Knowler, The Raw Food Coach publishes "Successfully Raw" - a free weekly eZine for raw food lovers everywhere. If you're ready to look good, feel great and create a raw life you love get your FREE tips, tools and recipes now at www.TheRawFoodCoach.com.