This one really delivers. If you've never tried bee pollen before then it's time you did! If you're strictly vegan with no bee products at all, then this juice minus the pollen is still superb. Either way, be prepared for the energy rush without the come down!
It will keep you buzzing for hours!
SERVES: Makes two large glasses
1/2 medium beetroot
200g baby spinach
1 long cucumber
1/2 head celery
1/4 lime (with skin)
1-2 tablespoons bee pollen (- preferably the fresh frozen, see tips below.)
- Simply prepare and juice all of the ingredients as listed above, leaving out the bee pollen.
- Pour the juice into a blender jug, add the bee pollen and then blend until the pollen is dissolved or at least broken down and no longer "separate".
- Pour into glasses and marvel at the sunshiney glow around your juice that's about to hit your bloodstream!
- Enjoy as a breakfast, snack or "carry-me-over" light lunch option.
Raw Coach Top Tips:
- My brand of choice for bee pollen is "Percie du Sert" (pictured above) which is sold in the UK by Kiki at kiki-health.com. It's a fresh frozen pollen - juicy, succulent and unlike anything you'll buy dried in a tub or bottle. See their web site for the full low down on this amazing (and delicious) superfood - kids will love it too!
© 2012 Karen Knowler WOULD YOU LIKE TO USE THIS RECIPE IN YOUR EZINE OR ON YOUR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: Karen Knowler, The Raw Food Coach publishes "Successfully Raw" - a free weekly eZine for raw food lovers everywhere. If you're ready to look good, feel great and create a raw life you love get your FREE tips, tools and recipes now at www.TheRawFoodCoach.com.