This is one of my absolute favourite recipes as it’s SO quick and easy to make and just four ingredients. When you want something quick and filling to throw together with a salad that will last for days in the fridge, this is IT!
2 cups of raw macadamia nuts
2 cups of cashew nuts
Juice of 1-2 lemons (depending on sweetness and amount of juice)
1 clove of garlic
- Simply process all the ingredients until a thick well combined mass has formed. If your lemons are not super-juicy you may need to add up to 1 cup of pure water to get it properly bound – this is fine.
- Taste-test. Adapt as desired – you may want to add a little more garlic, lemon juice, a little salt or some seasoning.
- Transfer to a bowl. Serve with crackers, as a side dish or mould into a large chunk and cut into cubes!
Raw Coach Top Tips:
- You can add all sorts of ingredients to this to get a different flavoured “cheese”. How about red bell pepper for a sweet cheese? Or sundried tomatoes for a salty one? This will carry a lot of flavours really well.
- If you have a cheese addiction it may be that it’s actually a salt addiction masquerading as a cheese addiction! A lot of people love the saltiness of cheese but don’t realise this. So try adding a tiny bit of healthy salt (like Himalayan Crystal Salt) to this recipe and see how you fare.
- Keeps for 5-7 days in refrigerator. (Keep covered).
- Add additional water to turn this from a “cheese” into a runny dressing or dip.
© 2012 Karen Knowler WOULD YOU LIKE TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR EZINE OR ON YOUR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: Karen Knowler, The Raw Food Coach publishes "Successfully Raw" - a free weekly eZine for raw food lovers everywhere. If you're ready to look good, feel great and create a raw life you love get your FREE tips, tools and recipes now at www.TheRawFoodCoach.com.