Most people love guacamole, however it’s made, and this one is guacamole with a twist. This one has no tomatoes (but you can add them) and in comes the magical ingredient of cumin which makes it taste just divine!
2 ripe avocados
1–2 teaspoons of cumin powder (to your taste, and depends on size of avocados)
Juice of 1–2 lemons (depending on sweetness and amount of juice)
1 small onion (red onion works better)
1. Slice your avocadoes in half and remove the pits. (NB: It’s important that they’re ripe – to check, they must “give” a little when squeezed). Remove the flesh and spoon into a bowl. Mash well with a fork, adding the lemon juice if it’s hard going.
2. Add in the cumin powder (err on the side of caution first and add less than you think you might need). Then add the lemon juice and very finely chopped onion.
3. Mix all ingredients together by hand making sure the cumin and onion are spread evenly throughout the mixture.
4. Taste-test. Adapt as desired. If you like tomato in your guacamole, now’s the time to add it.
5. When you’re happy with your mixture, serve with crackers, as a side dish or as a filing for a wrap or roll. Yum yum.
Raw Coach Top Tips:
- Don’t be afraid to add more ingredients to this recipe – tomato, red pepper, coriander (cilantro), basil, swap onion for garlic – it’s all up to you.
- If you’re making a large batch and need to keep it fresh for a few hours, put the avocado stones (pits) in the bowl with the mixture and cover well. Refrigerate. All of these things will help it stay looking and tasting good.
© 2011 Karen Knowler WOULD YOU LIKE TO USE THIS RECIPE IN YOUR EZINE OR ON YOUR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: Karen Knowler, The Raw Food Coach publishes "Successfully Raw" - a free weekly eZine for raw food lovers everywhere. If you're ready to look good, feel great and create a raw life you love get your FREE tips, tools and recipes now at www.TheRawFoodCoach.com.