This recipe is a huge gift! If you love traditional potato salad, then you will adore this recipe. Before you start worrying about eating raw potato – don’t panic! We are using SWEET potatoes here, a very different vegetable, which makes for a very delicious, satiating and moreish recipe that you’ll want to use over and over again.
For the potato salad:
5 large sweet potatoes
1 bunch of spring/green onions
1 handful of fresh chives
For the mayo:
1 cup of water
1 cup of macadamia nuts
1 cup of pine nuts
1½ cups of cashew nuts
½ teaspoon of Himalayan crystal salt
1 Tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
- Chop the sweet potato into bite sized pieces and place in a bowl.
- Finely slice the chives and spring onion and add to the potato pieces, stirring around to mix things up.
- Prepare the mayo by blending all of the mayo ingredients in a blender (makes approx. 4 cups).
- Add the mayo to your potatoes stirring in as you go. Stop adding when you feel your potato salad is gloopy enough!
Raw Coach Top Tips:
- Enjoy your potato salad on its own or served with a big juicy salad. Makes a great main meal side dish or a quick snack if you want something grounding but filling.
- Add in any other fresh herbs, garlic, fresh chopped onion or even curry powder for something a little bit different.
Will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
© 2011 Karen Knowler WOULD YOU LIKE TO USE THIS RECIPE IN YOUR EZINE OR ON YOUR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: Karen Knowler, The Raw Food Coach publishes "Successfully Raw" - a free weekly eZine for raw food lovers everywhere. If you're ready to look good, feel great and create a raw life you love get your FREE tips, tools and recipes now at www.TheRawFoodCoach.com.