Maca has such a strong taste that it’s not always easy to find a yummy way to take it in – but it’s so worth it! This is a drink that’s a great post breakfast drink or snack or one for late evening when it’s too late to eat.
Blender and Sieve/Nut Milk Bag
1 cup of almonds
3 cups of water
1 level Tablespoon of maca powder
2 Medjool dates OR 2 Tablespoons of agave nectar
- Place the almonds and water in a blender and blend on high speed until the nuts are completely broken and almond milk is created.
- Strain the almond milk through a fine sieve or nut milk bag into a bowl or jug.
- Rinse blender and add back in the strained nut milk.
- Add the maca powder and your chosen sweetener and blend.
- Taste test for sweetness and add more maca or dates or agave if required.
Raw Coach Top Tips:
- To bulk this drink out and/or to add more calories, add banana.
© 2011 Karen Knowler WOULD YOU LIKE TO USE THIS RECIPE IN YOUR EZINE OR ON YOUR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: Karen Knowler, The Raw Food Coach publishes "Successfully Raw" - a free weekly eZine for raw food lovers everywhere. If you're ready to look good, feel great and create a raw life you love get your FREE tips, tools and recipes now at www.TheRawFoodCoach.com.