A fresh fruit salad (done correctly) is one of the best meals on earth, but when it’s topped with this cream it’s heaven on earth. Yes, really! The best Sunday breakfast EVER – and a perfect recipe to serve to guests you want to wow at any time of day.
Blender OR Hand Blender
One handful of raw macadamia nuts
Juice of half an orange (or a whole one depending on juiciness)
2–4 large Medjool dates (or 4–8 smaller soaked ones)
OPTIONAL: Small piece of vanilla bean
- Prepare your fruit salad using a wide range of fresh juicy fruits of your choice. A good mixture might be: Banana, orange, apple, strawberries, nectarines and blueberries.
- Next, make your topping by blending all ingredients together until a thick creamy mixture is created.
- Taste-test before using. Add more of whatever you need according to your tastes. You might want to add a pinch of healthy salt just to bring out the flavours a little more.
- Serve your fruit salad and top with a good dose of the macadamia cream.
Raw Coach Top Tips:
- This recipe will keep for about 2–3 days in the fridge. Great for topping some breakfasts for something a bit more sustaining, or why not throw a tablespoon or two in your fruit smoothie
© 2011 Karen Knowler WOULD YOU LIKE TO USE THIS RECIPE IN YOUR EZINE OR ON YOUR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: Karen Knowler, The Raw Food Coach publishes "Successfully Raw" - a free weekly eZine for raw food lovers everywhere. If you're ready to look good, feel great and create a raw life you love get your FREE tips, tools and recipes now at www.TheRawFoodCoach.com.