Perfect for Easter, especially if you don’t want to get into a big kitchen fest with moulds and cake tins all over the place! This recipe is one of my all-time favourites. Quick, easy and delicious. Perfect at any time of year, and a quick alternative for Easter - it’s definitely a comfort or celebration food. Luke (8) and I love to sit down with our bowl of sauce and a big bowl of strawberries on a Sunday afternoon under a blanket watching a Disney film together.
Equipment: Food processor
- ½ cup raw chocolate powder
- ½ cup agave nectar (either type)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- OPTIONAL: ½ cup raw cashew butter OR almond butter
1) Simply place all ingredients into your food processor (this works so much better than a blender) and process into semi-liquid chocolate. It will take you less than one minute to create one of the best recipes you’ll ever make!
RAW COACH'S TOP TIPS:
- Adding the cashew or almond butter will make it thicker, more likely to set and add calories. The recipe minus the nut butter is just as good, better for dipping and is better for your waistline.
- Use as a dip for fresh strawberries or other decadent fruits, or as a drizzle for a fruit salad or raw cake or fruit pie.
- If you use the nut butter you can freeze the mixture in ice-cube trays for instant cool chocolate chunks. Add one frozen chunk to a smoothie or nut milk for instant choco-ness!
- This mixture should keep well and happy in the fridge (covered) for a few days without any issues whatsoever. (If it lasts that long).
© 2011 Karen Knowler WOULD YOU LIKE TO USE THIS RECIPE IN YOUR EZINE OR ON YOUR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: Karen Knowler, The Raw Food Coach publishes "Successfully Raw" - a free weekly eZine for raw food lovers everywhere. If you're ready to look good, feel great and create a raw life you love get your FREE tips, tools and recipes now at www.TheRawFoodCoach.com.