This recipe has been a favourite of mine for many years and is one of those featured in my 50 Recipes. It's great for dessert any time of year, but especially in the colder months when you want something sweet and comforting.
* 2 avocadoes
* 1 cup dates
* 1/2 cup raw carob powder
* Water as required
1) Simply blend all ingredients in a blender, food processor or with a hand blender until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
2) Taste test before serving. Add more avocado if you'd like it richer and/or creamier, add more dates for extra sweetness or add more carob for a stronger chocolate flavour.
3) Serve on its own or with raw ice-cream for the ultimate treat.
RAW COACH'S TOP TIPS:
* If you don't like carob powder you can use this with cocoa powder or raw chocolate powder instead.
* This recipe will keep for about 2-3 days in the fridge.
© 2011 Karen Knowler WOULD YOU LIKE TO USE THIS RECIPE IN YOUR EZINE OR ON YOUR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: Karen Knowler, The Raw Food Coach publishes "Successfully Raw" - a free weekly eZine for raw food lovers everywhere. If you're ready to look good, feel great and create a raw life you love get your FREE tips, tools and recipes now at www.TheRawFoodCoach.com.