As the nights start getting colder in some parts of the world, this is the time when we start to lean towards other foods to keep up feeling warm and yummy throughout the winter months.
With this being the case, NOW is a great time to start experimenting with sprouted wheat, because a) It tastes lovely, b) It's super-nutritious and c) It's very cheap!
A few years ago I experimented by making a variety of different breads in my dehydrator to see what I could concoct. My clear favourite was the following - it's juicy, sweet and Christmassy all rolled into one. Enjoy!
* 3 cups of sprouted wheat
* 1 cup of raisins
* 2 Tablespoons of cinnamon powder
1) Simply blend all the ingredients together really well in a food processor or high powered blender. You may find that a hand blender will work much better than a table-top blender depending on what make and power you have. Make sure you have a nice, smooth mixture so the wheat grains are no longer whole.
2) Remove from your processor and shape into slices or a small loaf (say 3" long x 2" wide x 1" tall). You can either eat fresh as it is in small shaped sections, or dehydrate to your desired level of dryness. (It tastes better if it is kept nice and juicy in the middle at least).
3) Serve on its own or with honey, agave or banana spread on top. Mmmmm!
RAW COACH'S TOP TIPS:
* Feel free to add any ingredients you desire such as apple, nutmeg, pineapple, clove, banana, coconut etc.
© 2010 Karen Knowler WOULD YOU LIKE TO USE THIS RECIPE IN YOUR EZINE OR ON YOUR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: Karen Knowler, The Raw Food Coach publishes "Successfully Raw" - a free weekly eZine for raw food lovers everywhere. If you're ready to look good, feel great and create a raw life you love get your FREE tips, tools and recipes now at www.TheRawFoodCoach.com.