As a child I loved strawberry ice-creams and fast-food joint thick-shakes. Little did I know then what the ingredients were and what they were doing to my body! With the aim to recreate the same taste in a healthier form I came up with this very simple but even more delicious "strawberry ice-dream" recipe. Seeing as the weather is so hot for many of us right now, and knowing how we all love to keep it simple, I know that you're going to love this recipe for its taste, simplicity and speed. Great for real kids too of course!
* 1 cup water
* 2 frozen bananas (peel before freezing and freeze until hard)
* a small handful of fresh strawberries
OPTIONAL: small piece of vanilla pod OR a few drops of vanilla essence
1) Put all ingredients into a Vita-Mix or blender (NB: If not using a Vita-Mix, allow the frozen bananas to thaw for a while first, otherwise your blender may find it too tough to handle).
2) Blend all ingredients thoroughly until thick whipped ice-cream like consistency is achieved.
3) Pour into a tall glass, serve with a strawberry on top and enjoy!
* RAW CHEF'S TOP TIP: You can swap the strawberries for many other different fresh or frozen fruits, or use combinations to create your own special recipe. Mango and strawberry are lovely together. Alternatively, if you haven't had time to freeze your bananas, then use fresh ones and blend with ice instead of water.
© 2010 Karen Knowler WOULD YOU LIKE TO USE THIS RECIPE IN YOUR EZINE OR ON YOUR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: Karen Knowler, The Raw Food Coach publishes "Successfully Raw" - a free weekly eZine for raw food lovers everywhere. If you're ready to look good, feel great and create a raw life you love get your FREE tips, tools and recipes now at www.TheRawFoodCoach.com.