* 3 cups of pure water
* 1 cup almonds OR 1 Tbsp raw almond butter
* 1 heaped Tbsp raw chocolate power
* 1/2 Tbsp coconut butter
* 3 Medjool dates OR 1 Tbsp agave nectar
* OPTIONAL: Small piece of vanilla bean
1) Make almond milk first by blending the almonds with the water and then straining to get a clean milk or by blending the water with the nut butter (much easier option!).
2) Wash you blender jug and pour the "clean milk" (no bits of almond) into the jug, adding in all the rest of the ingredients.
3) Process until you have a very well blended drink.
4) You may like it a little more chocolate-y or sweeter. Do what you need to do!
5) Pour into a beautiful glass and grab a good book!
RAW COACH'S TOP TIPS:
* This recipe will keep for a few hours in the fridge but is definitely best drunk immediately
* If almonds are not to your liking, make this recipe with cashew nuts - just as good
© 2010 Karen Knowler WOULD YOU LIKE TO USE THIS RECIPE IN YOUR EZINE OR ON YOUR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: Karen Knowler, The Raw Food Coach publishes "Successfully Raw" - a free weekly eZine for raw food lovers everywhere. If you're ready to look good, feel great and create a raw life you love get your FREE tips, tools and recipes now at www.TheRawFoodCoach.com.