Hi! As I briefly mentioned in my last post, I’ve been taking it really easy recently, having been going through what I’ll call “end of 2008 funk” – which basically means I was in need of a good rest and some serious rejuvenation on every level. Very unlike me to literally have to veg out completely, but it’s been a full-on year with very little rest so only to be expected really!
As I started to wind down in the run up to Christmas, I also did a little experiment with “life” and for the first time in AGES (over a year for sure) watched TV for a few days running, paid less attention to my food and did less juicing, gave attention to too many negative influences (media, newspapers etc.) and what do you know? I felt awful!
Sometimes you’ve just got to remember why you gave something up to leave it totally behind and move forward with the good stuff!
So with all these lessons relearned I’m gearing up to move forward into 2009 in the most sparkling way. Would you like to join me?
I’ve spent the past 2-3 weeks coming up with ideas for how I can best serve you and I finally have my list! I’ll be sharing more about this tomorrow (and I also have a juicy free gift I've created especially for you!), but for today I want to share one of the several things I’ve been doing to start to elevate me back to sparkling status ready for 2009.
It’s no secret that right now there is a lot of doom and gloom going on. You cannot move for people talking about the recession and how dire things are, and after a few days of being pulled down into the mire myself (all that media), last night I called on the inspiration of Abraham-Hicks. If you’ve never heard of A-H before you can check it all out here, you’ll be very glad you did!
So I have decided to focus on everything that’s great in my world and have started doing my daily gratitude journal again.
Here are just a fraction of the things I am grateful for in my life right now... I hope it inspires you to start doing the same as it’s a very powerful and heart-warming exercise:
I am grateful for...
- The wonderful house I live in
- That Luke is strong, healthy and well (plus I have him at home with me while he's on school holidays for another week)
- My friends the world over
- My tenacity
- My comfy bed that keeps me rested and warm every night
- My hot shower and big fluffy towels
- Having a body that continues to get fitter, healthier and stronger
- My brown fluffy boots that keep my feet warm and make me feel funky when I wear them
- My hair, because it’s so long and shiny and I never have a bad hair day!
- Every penny in my bank account and all the future income coming in
- Having the space to be creative
- The new desks that showed up today – one for me and one for the new office being created
- The new shelves that will enable me to finally organise my library post house move
- My landlord for being a diamond
- My assistant Katie for being so supportive, loyal and committed
- All of you who read my blog and may/ may not share some of your life with me
- The beautiful trees outside my bedroom window
- My laptop that enables me to communicate with the world and hold all my precious work
- The opportunities given to me this year and that are presenting themselves to me now
- The coaching opportunities I have in 2009
- The wonderful ideas that continue to flood my mind each time I ask for them
- My little dynamo of a car that always gets me safely where I want to go
In the next few days, over on Living Magically I'm going to be talking a bit more about what's been going on for me recently for those of you who are interested!
And tomorrow, New Year's Eve, I'm going to be giving away a free eBook that will help get your 2009 off to an amazing and wondrous start.