As a life-long ice-cream lover how happy am I that there is a RAW one on the market that is completely delicious and tastes better than any other ice-cream you can buy?
Booja-Booja is the make and "Stuff In A Tub" is the name and there are five flavours:
1) Smiling Vanilla M'Gorilla (Plain vanilla) "Since launch, Keep Smiling Vanilla M'Gorilla has always been made with raw cashews and we have no intention of changing that at this time."
2) Pompompous Maple Pecan (Pecan and Maple Syrup) "The maple is not raw but the pecans are, and we use 70% raw cashews at present"
3) Hunky Punky Chocolate (Cacao) "Our chocolate powder is not raw but we use 33% raw cashew"
4) Coconut Hullabaloo (Real coconut) "The Coconut is not raw but uses 66% raw cashew"
5) Feisty Winjin Ginger (Ginger) "Our Ginger root is raw and juiced by here by hand and we use 25% raw cashews"
NB: Only the vanilla one is 100% raw, but the others are pretty close - the cashews are steam extracted so not classed as strictly raw, but personally I don't let that concern me. Booja-Booja do say: "These levels may well fluctuate as recipes change but our aim is to increase the raw ingredients not reduce them. One day we hope to make all of them completely raw."
As far as taste goes I have to say, they are all wonderful, although the ginger one is just too gingery for me! My favourite is the Maple Pecan.
Stuff In A Tub is available from good health food shops, by mail order from www.goodnessdirect.co.uk and other fine food outlets. Booja Booja have a "no supermarket" policy so don't be looking out for it in Tesco or Sainsburys!